We’re super excited to announce that the new Mosaic native iOS app has hit the Apple App Store! For current users, you’ll notice some awesome improvements. And for those setting up Mosaic for the first time… this is an exciting time to get started syncing your Lightroom images to your iOS devices.
Here’s what to expect in this new update:
1) The new Mosaic native iOS Lightroom sync app is a heck of a lot FASTER. This makes looking at your Lightroom photos a more enjoyable experience.
2) Native code means more RELIABILITY.
3) We’ve updated the LOOK, FEEL AND USABILITY. You want a beautiful way to show off your beautiful images. Mosaic is looking better than ever! This includes better transitions between photos as well as a completely redesigned search bar and menu for viewing Lightroom Folders and Collections.
4) Metadata! You can now see a photo’s filename, capture time, collection, keywords and more, right from the Mosaic app. A new desktop version is coming soon that will also start to sync other EXIF data including focal length, ISO, exposure, aperture, etc.
5) We have started caching your images (dorky way of saying we have temporarily saved the images to your device to load more quickly). The result is that photos will not have to reload when you scroll up or down. This is setting the stage for our next release which will include full offline access to Mosaic! (You can also clear your cache from the App.)
6) Mosaic will now remember your filter criteria from the previous session.
7) Say goodbye to rejected photos – Mosaic will now auto-hide the photos you’ve flagged as rejected! You can still see them but by default they are hidden.
8) New In-App messaging center. You can contact Mosaic and leave feedback directly from the Mosaic App. We want to hear from you!
9) New more colorful logo!
This is just the beginning. In the very near future, we’ll be releasing our next update that will include two-way sync! You’ll soon be able to star and flag your photos right from the Mosaic app, allowing you work on your photos wherever you are.
You can update to the latest version of the App directly from the App store on your iPhone or iPad. Depending on your settings in iOS 7, the new version may have automatically been updated.
You do not need to update your Mosaic desktop client. The previously updated images will be there.
The browser based access at view.mosaicarchive.com will still work although the new functionality will not be included (such as image metadata and caching).
If you run into any issues with any part of the Mosaic experience, from installing the Mosaic desktop client, Lightroom plug-In, App or account settings, we want to hear from you! Please reach out on our support page.
Please consider one of our You can upgrade from our website or directly from the iOS app using your iTunes account. This will give you more images and backup of your original raw Lightroom images.
Let us know what you think in the comments below! Please share this with your friends!
Thank you again for your support of Mosaic!